Sunday, September 14, 2008

A new cat book

The UnderneathWhile making an order of books for school, I decided to toss in a book that I have had my eye on for a while: The Underneath by Kathi Appelt. It is about an abandoned calico cat whose is about to have kittens and her unlikely friendship with a hound deep in the bayous. Reviews said that the style was lyrical and the descriptions poignant. Originally, I wasn't going to purchase any more books until I had gotten through my new books from the spring, but... one can only go for so long without acquiring a new book.

I haven't been reading much since school began. I need to get back in the habit of reading more (for my own mental health), but that would involve going to bed significantly earlier and I just can't seem to manage such a feat at this point. I'm re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring (I began back in August and the hobbits are still in the Old Forest). For variety, I'll probably stagger the rest of the LOTR with non-LOTR books.

mani's book-pillow

No comments: