Sunday, December 14, 2008

I think I can, I think I can! (50-in-365 update)


lol lotus, originally uploaded by littlemiao.

I've long since abandoned most of my reading goals for the year, but one goal I stubbornly persist with is the 50 in 365 challenge. I could have easily finished it, but for the fact that I have read only three books since the end of August, and one of them was an illustrated children's story.

Now I'm reading book #43. With a careful choice of short, large-print books, I have no doubt that I can finish 7 more books by the end of the month.

Book #44 will be The Laugh-Out-Loud Cats; I've browsed through it many times, but I don't believe that I've read it cover to cover yet.

And book #45 will be the Fellowship of the Ring. The poor hobbits are still stuck in Moria.

Books #46-50 will be some combination of children's literature and Cat Who... mysteries. Short, light books that I could conceivably finish in a day while still doing lots of other fun stuff (and maybe working on my translation job!).

No comments: