Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reading Update, May - July

My reading lately has been... slow. I only read two books in May - two short detective stories at that. I'm starting to read more again, and hopefully more substantive posting here will follow. I'm making a little headway in my goal to read Newberry books (Calico Bush being a Newberry Honor book, I believe), and my goal to make it through Papa Miao's treasure trove of detective fiction. I'm also inching through the Decades Challenge - though (horrifyingly) I've only posted about one of those books, back in early March.

Here's a list of the books I've read in the past three months, followed by a little update on the Decades Challenge.

Books read
  1. Murder Makes the Wheels Go 'Round by Emma Lathen
  2. The Golden Spiders (Nero Wolfe) by Rex Stout
  3. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  4. Calico Bush by Rachel Field
  5. The Silent Speaker (Nero Wolfe) by Rex Stout
  6. The Endless Steppe by Esther Hautzig
  7. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
  8. Nineteen Eighty-four by George Orwell
Decades
1850 The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
(Read in June)
1870 An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott (Read in April)
1880 Washington Square by Henry James (Read in March)
1917 Anne's House of Dreams by L. M. Montgomery (Read in March)
1931 Calico Bush by Rachel Field (Read in June)
1949
1984 by George Orwell
(Read in July)

More later!

No comments: